In keynote speeches, Kyrgyz Republic Prime Minister Felix Kulov addressed the urgency of greater regional cooperation and presented a vision to 2015, and ADB President Kuroda emphasized the critical importance of regional cooperation for realizing the economic potential of Central Asia.
In a joint statement, ministers called for the acceleration of economic integration and deepening of the CAREC agenda. World Bank Vice President Shigeo Katsu stated a collective view on behalf of the MIs on progress under CAREC and the need for close partnership by all stakeholders. UNDP Assistant Administrator Kalman Miszei and Mr. Johannes Linn, Fellow, Brookings Institution, presented highlights of UNDP’s Central Asia Human Development Report, notably the benefits to be gained from regional cooperation in a wide range of areas.
ADB Vice-President Eichenberger co-chaired the conference and presided over the signing by seven countries of a memorandum of understanding establishing the CAREC Members Electricity Regulators Forum.
- Regional Business Roundtable for Central and South Asia
- CAREC Senior Officials’ Meeting (October 2005)
- Third Ministerial Conference on Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation
- Joint Ministerial Statement
- Keynote Speech by ADB President Haruhiko Kuroda
- Opening Speech by His Excellency Mr. Felix Kulov, Prime Minister of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Welcome Remarks by Mr. Akylbek Japarov, Minister of Economy and Finance of the Kyrgyz Republic
- Opening Remarks by ADB Vice President-Operations 2 Mr. Joseph B. Eichenberger
- Report of Senior Officials to the 4th Ministerial Conference
- Collective View of the Multilateral Institutions
- Interim Comprehensive Action Plan
- Central Asia Regional Development Partners Matrix
- CAREC News
- Opening Country Statements (.zip)