Building Cooperation through Collaboration
CAREC partners with multilateral institutions to assist and further the economic potential of the CAREC region, and help mainstream regional cooperation in the areas of transport, trade, and energy.
These multilateral institutions are the following:
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
- European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- World Bank
The broadened scope of CAREC 2030 provides new space for development partners to engage with the region in the five operational clusters for—Economic and Financial Stability; Trade, Tourism, and Economic Corridors; Infrastructure and Economic Connectivity; Agriculture and Water; and Human Development—for policy and capacity building support as well as investment projects. Development partners, both existing and new, could assume lead roles in the various areas, sectors, and subsectors based on their comparative advantages, and incubate new ideas and projects.