AT A GLANCE
- About $24.2 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation, and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 154 projects in 2014
- The study provides a detailed but preliminary exploration of a specific segment of CAREC Corridor 1-the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor-to assess its potential as a pilot for economic corridor development, and outlines steps to be taken over the next 12 months to develop this corridor.
- Developing economic corridors is a priority for the CAREC Program. As CAREC member countries become more developed and connected to each other, they can benefit by cooperating at a higher level by linking markets, ideas, and people. Read more
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Vice President Wencai Zhang called for a closer partnership in the future with the CAREC Institute in delivering knowledge solutions to clients during the formal launch held in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, People's Republic of China. Read more
Learn more about the CAREC Institute