AT A GLANCE
- More than $21.2 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 136 projects in 2012
- Member countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, People's Republic of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
- Multilateral development partners: Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, International Monetary Fund, Islamic Development Bank, United Nations Development Programme, World Bank
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB), in partnership with the World Trade Organization (WTO), conducted a session on the CAREC Program at the Bali Trade and Development Symposium on the sidelines of the 9th WTO Ministerial Conference. Read more.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a $159 million grant for a power transmission project to help Afghanistan overcome shortages in key areas and become an exporter of surplus electricity to neighboring countries. Read more.
- CAREC member countries will develop key new road and rail routes linking Central Asia to People's Republic of China (PRC) and South Asia to realize the huge trade potential between the three regions. Read more.
The project will improve efficiency and safer movements of goods and people on the Bishkek-Osh Road. Read More
The technical assistance produces (i) a geographic information system (GIS)-based road database providing real-time information about road conditions to the Government and road users, (ii) a data center and web server, and (iii) a policy note and technical papers for strengthening the institutional capacity of the Department of Roads for road asset management. Read More
CAREC Corridor Performance Measurement and Monitoring Annual Report 2012
Where to from Here? Corridor-based Transport Facilitation Arrangements in the CAREC Region
From Landlocked to Linked In: The Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
CAREC 2020: A Strategic Framework for the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program 2011–2020