- CAREC national focal points discussed the establishment of a physical base of the CAREC Institute in Urumqi, People's Republic of China in a special session held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Read more.
- Organized by CAREC and the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT), the workshop highlights Malaysia's experience in developing economic corridors. Read more.
- The use of modern technology and strong political will are key factors to successful reforms implemented by Georgia to improve border management. Read full story.
The project will promote better transit of goods and services and strengthen capacity of customs agencies in Afghanistan by (i) establishing a more efficient customs and transit regime, (ii) improving collecting capacity of the Afghan Customs Department, (iii) reducing trade transaction costs, and
(iv) implementing appropriate measures to facilitate international trade. Read More
The technical assistance aims to enhance the capacity of the Ministry of Commerce in transit and trade facilitation, with emphasis on negotiating and implementing transit agreements. It also strengthens the Ministry's strategic planning and policy coordination capability in its border operations. Read More
- Learning Opportunity for CAREC NFPs: Modernizing SPS Measures - the Baltic Experience
- Joint Customs Control (JCC) Phase 2 Workshop and Seminar on Coordinated Border Management (CBM)
Asian Development Outlook 2014: Fiscal Policy for Inclusive Growth
“At the Border” and “Behind the Border”: Integrated Trade Facilitation—Reforms and Implementation
Unstoppable: The Hairatan to Mazar-e-Sharif Railway Project Performance-Based Operation and Maintenance Contract
CAREC Transport and Trade Facilitation Strategy 2020
CAREC in Tajikistan: Building a Global Future
Toward a Sustainability Appraisal Framework for Transport
From Landlocked to Linked In: The Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
CAREC Development Effectiveness Review (DeFR) 2012: Implementing CAREC 2020 – Vision and Action