AT A GLANCE
- About $23.6 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation, and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 154 projects in 2014
- Technical experts from agencies on sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures attended the workshop in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. Participants also discussed proposed next steps for ensuring food, animal, and plant safety while facilitating trade expansion among CAREC countries. Read more
- The joint working group between Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic held its first meeting to discuss the scope and content of the analytical work to be undertaken as part of the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor Initiative. Read more
- By promoting and facilitating regional cooperation in transport, trade facilitation, trade policy, and energy, CAREC helps Central Asian and neighboring countries realize their immense potential in an increasingly integrated Eurasia.
- By 2014, 158 CAREC-related projects represent investment of about $24.6 billion, from 6 projects with a combined value of $247 million in 2001.