AT A GLANCE
- About $24.6 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation, and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 158 projects in 2014
At the 13th CAREC Ministerial Conference, ministers announced that the physical base of CAREC Institute in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, the People's Republic of China would be launched in December 2014.
At the 13th CAREC Ministerial Conference in Bishkek, the city administrations of Almaty and Bishkek signed a memorandum of understanding to develop the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor as an economic corridor. Read more
- This year's meeting launched the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor Initiative and addressed the physical establishment of the CAREC Institute. Read more
- Trade officials from the 10 CAREC member countries met to deliberate on the challenges of implementing the refined Trade Policy Strategic Action Plan.
- This DEfR is the fifth annual consolidated picture of progress made by country and multilateral institution partners of CAREC toward economic development through regional cooperation. This brochure provides a snapshot of the CAREC Program's progress in 2013. Download in English and Russian