AT A GLANCE
- About $23.6 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation, and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 154 projects in 2014
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) Vice President Wencai Zhang called for a closer partnership in the future with the CAREC Institute in delivering knowledge solutions to clients during the formal launch held in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, People's Republic of China. Read more
Learn more about the CAREC Institute
- Technical experts from agencies on sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) measures attended the workshop in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. Participants also discussed proposed next steps for ensuring food, animal, and plant safety while facilitating trade expansion among CAREC countries. Read more
- The joint working group between Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic held its first meeting to discuss the scope and content of the analytical work to be undertaken as part of the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor Initiative. Read more
- By 2014, 158 CAREC-related projects represent investment of about $24.6 billion, from 6 projects with a combined value of $247 million in 2001.