- CAREC national focal points discussed the establishment of a physical base of the CAREC Institute in Urumqi, People's Republic of China in a special session held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Read more.
- Organized by CAREC and the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT), the workshop highlights Malaysia's experience in developing economic corridors. Read more.
- The use of modern technology and strong political will are key factors to successful reforms implemented by Georgia to improve border management. Read full story.
The project will improve the reliability and quality of electricity supply to consumers in the Almaty region in an environmentally responsible and financially sustainable manner. This will be achieved by expanding the capacity of Almaty’s transmission network to provide additional capacity and redundancy in the system for uninterrupted supply of electricity. Read More
The €691 ($523.48) million project will have an installed capacity of 780 megawatts and will replace the more-than-40-year-old Shirvan Thermal Power Plant, Azerbaijan's second largest power plant. The project will increase the stability of the power generation system in Azerbaijan and improve the reliability of the power supply in the country's industrial and economic hub in the Absheron Peninsula. Read More
- Learning Opportunity for CAREC NFPs: Modernizing SPS Measures - the Baltic Experience
- Joint Customs Control (JCC) Phase 2 Workshop and Seminar on Coordinated Border Management (CBM)
Asian Development Outlook 2014: Fiscal Policy for Inclusive Growth
“At the Border” and “Behind the Border”: Integrated Trade Facilitation—Reforms and Implementation
Unstoppable: The Hairatan to Mazar-e-Sharif Railway Project Performance-Based Operation and Maintenance Contract
CAREC Transport and Trade Facilitation Strategy 2020
CAREC in Tajikistan: Building a Global Future
Toward a Sustainability Appraisal Framework for Transport
From Landlocked to Linked In: The Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
CAREC Development Effectiveness Review (DeFR) 2012: Implementing CAREC 2020 – Vision and Action