- CAREC national focal points discussed the establishment of a physical base of the CAREC Institute in Urumqi, People's Republic of China in a special session held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Read more.
- Organized by CAREC and the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle (IMT-GT), the workshop highlights Malaysia's experience in developing economic corridors. Read more.
- The use of modern technology and strong political will are key factors to successful reforms implemented by Georgia to improve border management. Read full story.
The project will reform and modernize the customs administration of Kazakhstan, by promoting internationally acceptable practices for processing of international trade flows, improving revenue collection, and reducing potential for corruption.
The technical assistance, approved with the loan for the Dushanbe-Kyrgyz Border Road Rehabilitation Project (Phase I), will (i) develop a strategy and system of maintenance for national and secondary roads, (ii) modify the maintenance manual for national roads and prepare a maintenance manual for secondary roads, and (iii) provide training and conduct pilot projects for maintenance of secondary roads. Read More
- Learning Opportunity for CAREC NFPs: Modernizing SPS Measures - the Baltic Experience
- Joint Customs Control (JCC) Phase 2 Workshop and Seminar on Coordinated Border Management (CBM)
Asian Development Outlook 2014: Fiscal Policy for Inclusive Growth
“At the Border” and “Behind the Border”: Integrated Trade Facilitation—Reforms and Implementation
Unstoppable: The Hairatan to Mazar-e-Sharif Railway Project Performance-Based Operation and Maintenance Contract
CAREC Transport and Trade Facilitation Strategy 2020
CAREC in Tajikistan: Building a Global Future
Toward a Sustainability Appraisal Framework for Transport
From Landlocked to Linked In: The Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
CAREC Development Effectiveness Review (DeFR) 2012: Implementing CAREC 2020 – Vision and Action