AT A GLANCE
- About $24.6 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation, and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 158 projects in 2014
- By promoting and facilitating regional cooperation in transport, trade facilitation, trade policy, and energy, CAREC helps Central Asian and neighboring countries realize their immense potential in an increasingly integrated Eurasia.
- By 2014, 158 CAREC-related projects represent investment of about $24.6 billion, from 6 projects with a combined value of $247 million in 2001.
At the 13th CAREC Ministerial Conference, ministers announced that the physical base of CAREC Institute in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, the People's Republic of China would be launched in December 2014.
At the 13th CAREC Ministerial Conference in Bishkek, the city administrations of Almaty and Bishkek signed a memorandum of understanding to develop the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor as an economic corridor. Read more
- This year's meeting launched the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor Initiative and addressed the physical establishment of the CAREC Institute. Read more