- Matthew Westfall, Asian Development Bank (ADB) country director for Kazakhstan, shares his insights on the diversification of the country's economy and how the CAREC Program supports its goals. Read full story.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) Institute, the Agence Francaise de Developpement, and ADB, through the CAREC Institute, jointly organized a training workshop on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) in Infrastructure Development. Read more.
The technical assistance will promote the full integration of ADB DMCs into the WTO multilateral trading system. It will assist in increasing awareness and expertise of senior officials responsible for WTO and Doha Round issues. Read More
Project 1 of the investment program comprises
- construction of about 59 kilometers (km) of a new four-lane expressway between Masalli and Astara on the southern corridor, with activities that include civil works, land acquisition, and resettlement;
- rehabilitation of local roads of about 120 km with category III standards in the project area to enhance access to the Masalli–Astara expressway;
- installation of a vehicle weighing station along the Masalli–Astara expressway and procurement of road maintenance equipment; and
- project support and capacity building for road network management.
- CAREC Federation of Carrier and Forwarder Associations (CFCFA) Meeting
- Time Release Study (TRS) Workshop
CAREC Transport and Trade Facilitation Strategy 2020
CAREC in Tajikistan: Building a Global Future
From Landlocked to Linked In: The Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Program
CAREC Development Effectiveness Review (DeFR) 2012: Implementing CAREC 2020 – Vision and Action