AT A GLANCE
- About $24.5 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation, and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 158 projects in 2014
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) officials highlighted the CAREC Program's role in regional cooperation and integration at the 8th Astana Economic Forum. Read more
The CAREC Corridor 6 (Marakand-Karshi) Railway Electrification Project is likely to be completed ahead of schedule, according to a midterm review conducted by Asian Development Bank. Read more
- The study provides a detailed but preliminary exploration of a specific segment of CAREC Corridor 1-the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor-to assess its potential as a pilot for economic corridor development, and outlines steps to be taken over the next 12 months to develop this corridor.
- Developing economic corridors is a priority for the CAREC Program. As CAREC member countries become more developed and connected to each other, they can benefit by cooperating at a higher level by linking markets, ideas, and people. Read more