AT A GLANCE
- About $24.6 billion invested in transport, trade facilitation, and energy projects
- From 6 projects in 2001 to 158 projects in 2014
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved $15 million in additional financing for the reconstruction of the Bishkek-Torugart road along CAREC Corridor 1. Read more
- The joint working group between Kazakhstan and the Kyrgyz Republic held its first meeting to discuss the scope and content of the analytical work to be undertaken as part of the Almaty-Bishkek Corridor Initiative. Read more
- By promoting and facilitating regional cooperation in transport, trade facilitation, trade policy, and energy, CAREC helps Central Asian and neighboring countries realize their immense potential in an increasingly integrated Eurasia.
- By 2014, 158 CAREC-related projects represent investment of about $24.6 billion, from 6 projects with a combined value of $247 million in 2001.