The workshop discussed results of the country studies conducted for all eight CAREC countries including
- issues and constraints to logistics development and recommendations to address such constraints; and
- strategies to advance the logistics sector, promote public investment, as well as strengthen public–private partnership and regional cooperation projects.
Technical sessions were also conducted, covering topics on
- location principles and selection criteria for existing and proposed logistics centers,
- corridor performance measurement, and
- trade logistics monitoring.
Workshop participants were from the customs authorities; ministries of industry, transport and communication; and from the private sector, such as the freight forwarders associations and trade organizations.