First held in Astana, the workshop presented Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) approach in evaluating the quality of Kazakhstan’s economic structure using a new methodology called the “product space.” It was also conducted in Almaty on 15 September.
ADB assessed the economic structure of Kazakhstan and its capacity to move into activities that create productivity gains. The quality and problems of the country’s export were also examined while the economy is undergoing structural changes.
Further, Kazakhstan’s ministries and research centers gave presentations on economic diversification, stock market opportunities, knowledge development, and small and medium business sectors.
The workshop was hosted by ADB and Kazakhstan’s Ministry of Economy and Budget Planning, together with JSC Economic Research Institute.
- About Implementation of Top 30 Corporative Leaders of Kazakhstan Program
- Economic Diversification and Structure Change in Kazakhstan: Opportunities and Challenges
- Influence of the National Innovation Infrastructure on Diversification of Economy (Paper)
- Economic Diversification in Kazakhstan: Problems and Prospects in Development
- Industry Structure of Small and Medium Businesses and DAMU-Koldau Crediting Program