The project covers
- upgrading and reconstruction of road sections of about 788.5 kilometers (km) in Kyzylorda oblast, excluding Kyzylorda bypass;
- upgrading and reconstruction of road sections of about 273.4 km in South Kazakhstan oblast from Kyzylorda oblast border to Shymkent, including the bypasses to Kyzylorda and Shymkent;
- project implementation management training for the Committee for Roads;
- institutional development and preparation of action plans to improve road safety and road services, including consulting services to review options for strengthening the Committee for Roads and improving the overall condition of the road network, road safety, and road services; and
- consulting services for supervision of civil works under the first and second components.
The project will increase transport efficiency on the road sections between Aktobe/Kyzylorda oblast border and Shymkent, and improve road management and traffic safety in Kazakhstan.
- Upgraded and reconstructed 788.5 km road sections in Kyzylorda oblast.
- Upgraded and reconstructed 273.4 km road sections in South Kazakhstan oblast from Kyzylorda oblast border to Shymkent.
- Strengthened project management capacity.
- Improved road safety and services.
- Increased supervisory capacity for civil works.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Government of Kazakhstan||375|