The meeting, under the technical assistance for Regional Cooperation in Transport Projects in Central Asia, was attended by 18 delegates from the People’s Republic of China (PRC), the Kyrgyz Republic, and Uzbekistan. Two delegates from Tajikistan attended as observers. ADB officials as well as members of the project consulting team were also present. K. Jumaliev, deputy prime minister/minister of transport and communications of the Kyrgyz Republic, acted as chair.
Read the conference report, which includes the conference proceedings, list of participants, agenda, and conference declaration.
The objectives were to
- discuss progress made on the following recommendations agreed upon at the First Road Working Group meeting:
- establishment of a tripartite intergovernmental commission,
- analysis of alternative financing models,
- recommendations on road user charges,
- review of concerns on the 1998 Agreement on International Road Transport, and
- procedures to facilitate private-sector trade and communications;
- review consultants’ findings presented in the interim report; and
- reach an agreement on the conduct of a ministerial level meeting.
- Senior government officials from the Kyrgyz Republic, the PRC, and Uzbekistan
- Government officials from Tajikistan as observers
- ADB staff
- ADB consultants