National focal points from the 10 CAREC member countries
- discussed the progress of the Almaty – Bishkek Corridor Initiative;
- discussed the revised draft on promoting cooperation in sanitary and phytosanitary measures for CAREC;
- updated progress on CAREC priority sectors: transport, energy, and trade facilitation;
- discussed the revised draft of the intergovernmental agreement establishing CAREC Institute as an international organization; and
- reviewed deliverables and prepare for the 14th Ministerial Conference in September 2015.
The meeting highlighted increasing infrastructure requirements for better connectivity in the region. Representatives from CAREC member countries strongly reaffirmed the program’s importance in enabling investment mobilization.