The project will improve the east-west road transport corridor by upgrading the Korla-Kuqa section of the national highway as well as the local road network and road connection to neighboring countries.
The project will help develop a more efficient national and regional transport system that supports sustainable economic growth in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.
- Improved G314 national highway and related facilities.
- Improved local roads in Kuga and Qiemo counties.
- Improved operational efficiency of freight terminals in Urumqi.
- Improved rural transport services in Kuga county and improved road safety.
- Strengthened capacity of Xinjiang Communications Department.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||150|
|Ministry of Communications – People’s Republic of China||197|
|China Development Bank (PRC)||188|
|Government of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region (PRC)||59|