The key objective of this technical assistance (TA) was to strengthen regional customs cooperation, and thereby to establish efficient and effective customs systems that can facilitate foreign trade and investment.
The scope of the TA includes
- simplification and harmonization of customs procedures and documentation,
- development of border posts and facilities,
- development of simplified transit systems,
- data consolidation/information sharing and ICT development for customs operations,
- development of risk management and post entry audit,
- development of a regional intelligence system, and
- capacity building for regional customs organizations.
|Amount (USD millions)
|Asian Development Bank