Third Highway Project
The project has three components: A. Motorway Improvement
- Upgrading a 100-kilometer (km) section of existing two-lane M4 Baku–Shamakhi road into a four-lane motorway.
- Consultancy services for supervision of works, technical audit, road safety activities on this corridor, and design of priority investments of the main road network.
- Preparing a policy study on management, financing, and efficient allocation of resources for Azerbaijan's motorways.
- Institutional development of the Azer Road Service in motorway operation and maintenance.
- Technical assistance for supporting the project management capacity of the project implementing unit.
The project will contribute to a more efficient and safer Baku–Shamakhi road and higher quality road services as part of the upgrading to motorway standards, and to improve the management of the nascent motorway network.
- Upgraded 100 km section of the Baku-Shamakhi road
- Institutional development of Azer Road Service
- Improved project management capacity of the project implementing unit
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Government of Azerbaijan||114.6|
|World Bank||140||Additional financing, 2016|
|Government of Azerbaijan||16|