The project has two components: A. Strengthening power transmission network
- Construction of a 500/220 kilovolt (kV) new open switchyard at Talimarjan thermal power plant;
- building a 220-kilometer (km), 500 kV single circuit transmission line from Talimarjan thermal power plant to the Sogdiana substation;
- construction of a connection bay at Sogdiana substation; and
- installation of a 500 kV connection line from the 500/220 kV open switch-yard at Talimarjan thermal power plant to the Karakul-Guzar transmission line.
- Strengthening the technical and fiduciary capacity of the project implementing unit and its subsidiaries; and
- strengthening the project implementing unit's capacity for project management, monitoring, reporting, and evaluation, including procurement, financial management, and disbursement activities; carrying out the project; and the project implementing unit audit.
The project will improve the reliability of the electricity supply to residential and business consumers in south and western Uzbekistan.
- Strengthened new 500/220 kV open switchyard.
- 220 km of 500 kV single circuit transmission line.
- Connection bay at Sogdiana substation.
- Installed 500 kV connection line.
- Strengthened institutional, technical, fiduciary, and project management capacities of the project implementing unit.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Government of Uzbekistan||93.04|