Talimarjan Power Project (formerly CASAREM–Talimarjan Energy Development Project)
The project includes
- detailed design, construction, installation, and commissioning of two combined cycle gas turbine units with installed capacity of approximately 370 megawatts (MW) - 450 MW each, and related infrastructure at the Talimarjan thermal power plant;
- building of a community service center for power plant employees and families; and
- a special capacity development component to support the improvement of Uzbekenergo's management, financial, and operational performance.
The project will improve energy security in Uzbekistan and facilitate regional energy trade.
- Two combined cycle gas turbine units in Talimarjan thermal power plant commissioned.
- Community service center operational.
- Uzbekenergo corporate management and performance improved.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||350|
|Japan International Cooperation Agency||300|
|Fund for Reconstruction and Development of the Republic of Uzbekistan||250|
|Government of Uzbekistan||230|