The project will rehabilitate the existing 900-kilometer (km) road between Atyrau and Aktau in western Kazakhstan and includes the following activities: A. Loan-financed activities
- Reconstruction of some 300 km of badly deteriorated road and
- improvement of a further 300 km of existing unpaved road.
- Consulting services to assist the Committee on Roads and Infrastructure Development in preparing the project feasibility study and preliminary engineering design and costs.
The project will improve road access between Kazakhstan’s main port of Aktau and the important regional center of Atyrau. It will also support the existing oil production area at Tenghiz.
- About 600 km of roads reconstructed and improved.
- Project feasibility study and preliminary design and costs delivered.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|European Bank for Reconstruction and Development||119|
|Government of Kazakhstan||124|