The programs aims to
- strengthen governance, increase transparency, and improve the institutional capacity of customs administrations;
- strengthen the legal and regulatory framework for customs operations in line with international standards and conventions;
- improve operational efficiency of customs administrations to facilitate trade and enhance revenue collection; and
- develop an effective mechanism for cooperation among the regionâ€™s customs administrations.
The program will integrate the economies of the Kyrgyz Republic and Tajikistan into the world trading system by setting up a regional framework with an effective cooperation mechanism, providing critical funding for reform and modernization of their customs systems, and strengthening the legal and regulatory frameworks in conformity with international treaties and agreements.
- Improved governance, transparency, and institutional capacity of customs administrations
- Legal and regulatory framework for customs operations at par with international standards and conventions
- Improved operational efficiency of customs administrations in facilitating trade and enhancing revenue collection
- Developed effective regional cooperation mechanism for customs administration
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||15|