The project involves
- development of a multimodal logistics center, complete with customs and quarantine facilities for road-to-road, road-to-rail, and rail-to-rail transshipment at Zamyn-Uud;
- procurement and installation of terminal equipment and management systems to support efficient operations; and
- provision of consulting services to improve institutional capacity of the implementing agency and give project implementation management support.
The project will promote international and regional trade in Mongolia by developing an efficient, competitive, and reliable multimodal transport system at Zamyn-Uud.
- A multimodal facility with facilities for road-to-road, road-to-rail, and rail-to-rail transshipment developed at Zamyn Uud.
- Terminal equipment and management systems procured and installed.
- Strengthened institutional capacity.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||40||Loan|
|Asian Development Bank||5||Grant|
|Government of Mongolia||26.64|