The project covers
- rehabilitation of seven regional airports—Bamyan, Chaghcharan, Faizabad, Farah, Maimana, Qalai-Naw, and Zaranj—including runway and stopway reconstruction; building new taxiways and aprons; constructing or renovating passenger terminals; providing water supply, sewerage, and power supply system; reconstructing access roads and car parks; providing airport maintenance plant, equipment, and airport maintenance building;
- provision of two human resource development packages for Ministry of Civil Aviation and Tourism to strengthen capacity for sector management and airport operations and maintenance;
- provision of postconstruction operations assistance by engaging an airport management/operations specialist, an airport maintenance specialist, and an airport fire services specialist;
- provision of consulting services for project management and monitoring; and
- engagement of external auditors.
The project will help the government reconstruct Afghanistan by rehabilitating regional airports damaged during two decades of conflict and neglect.
- Seven regional airports rehabilitated.
- Management, operations, and maintenance capacity of the Ministry of Civil Aviation and Tourism strengthened.
- Postconstruction operations assistance provided.
- Project management and monitoring assistance provided.
- External auditors engaged.
|Amount (USD millions)
|Asian Development Bank
|Government of Afghanistan