Railways Development Project
The objective of the technical assistance (TA) is to prepare a project that helps the Government of Uzbekistan improve sector efficiency to meet the transportation needs of the domestic economy and international traffic.
The technical assistance
- designs a sector reform and institutional strengthening program to further the policy dialogue of the earlier two railways projects;
- restructures the Uzbekistan Temir Yullari (Uzbekistan Railways);
- rationalizes ancillary activities;
- introduces accounting, planning, and costing systems; (v) reduces staff and downsizing assets; and
- promotes the social impact of the restructuring program.
The scope of the TA includes the preparation of a feasibility study for a railway development project suitable for external financing. The study will cover all relevant areas, including technical, financial, and economic viability; environmental impacts; institutional and organizational aspects; and social and poverty impacts in accordance with Asian Development Bank’s guidelines.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||0.6|
|Government of Uzbekistan||0.26|