The objective of the project is to help the Government of Afghanistan to promote economic and social development and reduce poverty by rehabilitating the primary road network damaged during two decades of conflict and neglect.
The project will support
- rehabilitation of the 90-kilometer Qaisar–Bala Murghab section of Herat–Andkhoy road;
- installation of road tolling facilities including toll plazas, computers and communications equipment, and weighing machines for the project road;
- HIV/AIDS prevention and anti-human trafficking awareness activities;
- construction supervision and monitoring; and
- incremental project management such as engagement of external auditors to audit project accounts and the payment of additional salary of Ministry of Public Works staff assigned to the Project Management Unit and the consultant team.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||330|
|Government of Afghanistan||4|