The project involves
- construction of a new 475-kilometer (km) 500-kilovolt (kV) single circuit overhead electricity transmission line from 1,150/500 kV Ekibastuz substation to 500 kV Agadyr substation, including a fiber optic communication line;
- extension of Ekibastuz substation by three bays and installation of three shunt reactors to accommodate the new 500 kV link with the Agadyr substation;
- extension of Agadyr substation by six bays and installation of three shut reactors to accommodate the new 500 kV link with Ekibastuz and YuKGRES substations; and
- provision of consulting services for procurement and management of the 500 kV transmission line construction from Ekibastuz substation to Agadyr substation, and for further reform of the electricity transmission sector.
The project will ensure business enterprises and households in southern Kazakhstan access to reliable, cost effective, and high-quality supply of electricity.
- New 475 km 500 kV single circuit overhead electricity transmission line from Ekibastuz substation to Agadyr substation constructed.
- Ekibastuz substation extended and modernized.
- Agadyr substation extended and modernized.
- Consulting services for procurement and project management and for electricity transmission sector reform rendered.
|Amount (USD millions)
|European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
|Government of Kazakhstan
|Development Bank of Kazakhstan