Hydropower Development Strategy
The technical TA helped the Government of Tajikistan to prepare a hydropower development strategy. The strategy identified for the Tajikistan energy sector the optimal energy development program that will meet domestic energy requirements and realized export opportunities given the energy resources available, existing power investments, and fiscal and other constraints.
- reviewed all energy and power sector studies that have been completed and interacted with those ongoing, including the Government of Tajikistan’s energy policy and its plans for hydropower sector development,
- established likely load forecasts for domestic and export markets for hydropower,
- considered new candidate projects, including phased construction of incomplete hydropower projects;
- undertook macroeconomic analysis to determine the fiscal constraints of the government and self-financing ability of Barki Tajik;
- developed a least-cost hydropower development strategy, including identification of external financing and investment possibilities; and
- provided planning software and training in planning to enable the government to update the strategy on a regular basis.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||0.6|
|Government of Tajikistan||0.12|