The project's supplemental grant finances
- rehabilitation of the Talogan–Kishem road section from Kunduz to Faizabad;
- additional rehabilitation/maintenance of the Kunduz–Talogan road that has deteriorated since the appraisal of the project;
- additional de-mining requirements in the civilian areas of the Kabul International Airport and other project areas;
- capacity building, transport sector review and other related studies, and maintenance report; and
- contingency for unforeseen costs.
The project aims to facilitate the country's economic and social recovery through improved physical access to goods, markets, and administrative and social services.
|Amount (USD millions)