The chain of Kambaratinskaya HPPs is the largest project in the country, which involves the construction of Kambaratinskaya HPP-1 and Kambaratinskaya HPP-2 located on the Naryn River, in the tail area of the Toktogul HPP water reservoir. Kambaratinskaya HPP-2 is to be used together with the existing HPPs as a compensation regulator, while Kambaratinskaya HPP-1 is to be used as a water runoff regulator. Simultaneous power generation by the first and the second hydro generation units will ensure a reduction of winter water releases from the Toktogul water reservoir by 1.4 billion m3and an increase in the volume of power generation up to 1.019 GWh, of which 0.864 GWh in the spring and summer period and up to 0.155 GWh in the autumn and winter period.
- Improved level of energy security and sustainable operation of the power system of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Growth of the export potential of the Kyrgyz Republic owing to exports of excess electricity to the EurAsEC member states, improvement of the balance of payment of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Improved access of the country’s population to electricity;
- Expansion of trade with the EurAsEC member states in the framework of equipment and service supplies; and
- Lower tension related to dealing with the issues of water energy resource utilisation in the Aral Sea catchment area.
|Amount (USD millions)
|Eurasian Fund for Stabilization and Development (EFSD)