CASAREM-Talimarjan Power Generation and Transmission Project
The original aim of the technical assistance (TA) was to prepare the Talimarjan Power Project for Asian Development Bank financing. The TA scope was expanded to include assistance to the EA in procuring the main power plant contract.
The project will increase the generation capacity and strengthen the transmission network in Uzbekistan.
- Analysis of electric sector including justification of project need
- Assessment of appropriateness of project technical design
- Project financial and economic analysis and financial assessment of Uzbekenergo
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Social safeguard assessment to include LARP, Poverty and Social analysis, and IPDP (if required)
- Bid specifications for project implementation
- Tender evaluation
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||1.5|
|Government of Uzbekistan||0.375|
|Asian Development Bank||0.6||Supplementary, approved 2011|