CAREC Corridor 2 Road Investment Program, Tranche 3
The third tranche of the program has two components: Road Development Component
- Upgrade of about 40 kilometers of the Uzbekistan section of CAREC Corridor 2 (between km 315 and km 355 of A380 highway) to a four-lane road with international design standard.
- Minimal land acquisition of 0.61 hectares and minimal involuntary settlement.
- Provision of consulting services on procurement and environment and social standards, and construction supervision.
- Improvement of cross-border facilities at Daut–Ata.
The project will lead to better connectivity and an efficient transport system along the Uzbekistan section of the CAREC Corridor 2 road. The project outcome will be the reconstructed A380 highway section and cross-border facilities with improved travel time and efficiency.
- About 40 km of the Uzbekistan sector upgraded to a four-lane road, land acquired, residents resettled, and consulting services provided; and
- cross-border facilities improved.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||100|
|Government of Uzbekistan||17|