Capacity Building for Customs and Trade Facilitation
The technical assistance will enhance the capacity of the Government of Afghanistan in customs and trade facilitation.
The expected outcomes were increased cross-border and transit trade, increased customs revenue, and reduced customs revenue leakage through corruption.
The expected outputs included
- Afghan customs procedures harmonized with neighboring countries,
- Afghan Customs Department (ACD) staff trained on the revised customs procedures,
- detailed corruption risk-management strategy and implementation plan developed,
- ACD staff trained to implement corruption risk-management measures,
- transit agreements with neighboring countries revised,
- border trade facilitation committee established,
- private sector participation and investment increased in cross-border facilities,
- transport law drafted, and
- memorandum of understanding on the roles and responsibilities of the ministries and agencies at borders signed.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||1.2|
|Government of Afghanistan||0.15|