The project includes
- upgrading and rehabilitation of a 60-kilometer (km) section of road from Sumgait to Zarat, located on the main north–south route from Baku to Samur;
- creation of four to six regional maintenance units;
- establishment of a “service level agreement” between these regional maintenance units and the in-house suppliers undertaking the road maintenance work; and
- strengthening the capacity of the Roads Advisory Board to audit the operation of the service-level agreement in place between the Ministry of Transport and the Road Transport Services Department.
The project will help promote economic development and regional trade, by improving a section of the main north–south road linking the Russian Federation and Iran with Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 60 km road section from Sumgait to Zarat upgraded
- Four to six regional maintenance units created
- A service-level agreement between regional maintenance units and suppliers established
- Capacity of the Roads Advisory Board strengthened
|Amount (USD millions)
|European Bank for Reconstruction and Development