The Energy Investment Forum highlighted investment opportunities in the CAREC countries by bringing together key government officials, project developers/sponsors, project financiers, equipment manufacturers, and engineering, procurement, and construction contractors.
Total investment requirement in the energy sector within CAREC member countries between 2017 and 2023 is estimated at $118 billion (estimated amount does not include energy projects for People’s Republic of China).
The forum,held at the Serena Hotel in Islamabad, covered the following sessions:
- Session 1. CAREC Governments’ Investment Promotion Thrusts: Senior energy government officials highlighted incentives their governments have put in place to attract investments
- Session 2. Investing in CAREC Countries: Private entities shared their experiences on successful investments in the CAREC countries.
- Session 3. Financing Energy Projects: A panel discussion highlighted what project financiers seek in financing projects in the region
(Click here to view more photos from the 1st Energy Investment Forum.)
- CAREC Country Snapshots and Financing Roadmap Study Reports
- 21st CAREC Energy Sector Coordinating Committee (ESCC) Meeting
- The Future of the Energy Sector in Central Asia
- Investment Opportunities in Energy Sector in Afghanistan
- Azerbaijan’s Energy System: Development Projects and Investments
- Presentation by Kazakhstan (Russian)
- Prospective Investment Projects (Kyrgyz Republic)
- Investment Promotion Thrusts and Priority Energy Projects (Mongolia)
- Presentation by the People’s Republic of China
- Presentation by the Republic of Tajikistan
- Presentation by Turkmenistan
- Presentation by Uzbekistan (Russian)
- Presentation by Kot Addu Power Company Limited Pakistan
- The Pakistan Power Success Story
- Presentation by Ernst and Young
- Presentation by Industrial and Commercial Bank of China
- ADB Private Sector Operations