The project includes
- improvement of about 124 kilometers (km) of the two-lane highway from Osh to Gulcha, to Sopu Korgon;
- provision of consulting services for construction supervision and monitoring and evaluation;
- procurement of maintenance equipment to maintain the entire Oshâ€“Sary Tashâ€“Irkeshtam road; and
- provision of two advisory technical assistance projects for (i) improving road maintenance and strengthening the transport corridor management department, and (ii) awareness and prevention of HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted illnesses, and human trafficking.
The project will promote economic growth and reduce poverty by improving the transport network and increasing regional trade and cooperation through rehabilitation of the road linking the Kyrgyz Republic, the People's Republic of China, and Uzbekistan.
- Two-lane highway from Osh to Gulcha to Sopu Korgon improved.
- Consulting services for construction supervision and monitoring and evaluation provided.
- Maintenance equipment procured.
- Two advisory technical assistance projects provided.
|Amount (USD millions)
|Asian Development Bank
|Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
|OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) Fund for International Development