Qaisar-Bala Murghab Road Project
The project supports the
- rehabilitation of the 90-kilometer (km) Qaisar–Bala Murghab section of the Herat–Andkhoy Road;
- installation of road-toll facilities including toll plazas, computers, and communication equipment as well as weighing machines;
- HIV/AIDS prevention and human-trafficking awareness campaign;
- provision of construction supervision and monitoring; and
- provision of incremental project management support.
The project will help promote economic and social development and reduce poverty by rehabilitating the primary road network damaged during two decades of conflict and neglect.
- Qaisar–Bala Murghab road section rehabilitated.
- Road-toll facilities installed and operational.
- HIV/AIDS prevention and human-trafficking awareness campaign rendered.
- Construction supervision and monitoring provided.
- Incremental project management support provided.
|Funding Agency||Amount (USD millions)||Notes|
|Asian Development Bank||55|
|Government of Afghanistan||0.3|