From left: Asian Development Bank Central and West Asia Department (ADB CWRD) Director General Sean O’Sullivan, Mongolia Ministry of Finance State Secretary and CAREC National Focal Point Gantsogt Khurelbaatar, and ADB East Asia Department (EARD) Director General Ayumi Konishi. (View bigger photo)
Senior government officials of the 10 CAREC countries and representatives from multilateral development partners
- reviewed the operational progress in the CAREC Program's priority sectors;
- provided an update on the Almaty - Bishkek Corridor Initiative;
- presented the outcomes of the regional technical assistance, Promoting Cooperation in Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures for CAREC, and discuss next steps to advance cooperation and reform;
- considered the proposal for a ministerial declaration on a strategy for road safety in CAREC transit corridors;
- endorsed the draft of the CAREC Institute's work program for 2015 - 2016; and
- discussed key deliverables for the 14th CAREC Ministerial Conference to be held in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.
ADB CWRD Director General Sean O' Sullivan and EARD Director General Ayumi Konishi acted as co-chairs of the meeting, which was chaired by Mongolia Ministry of Finance State Secretary and CAREC National Focal Point for Mongolia Gantsogt Khurelbaatar.