Consultation Meeting on Cross-Border Transport Facilitation
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic: 29 January 2014
(Left to right) Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC) Maksatbek Dyikanov, the Asian Development Bank's (ADB) Kyrgyz Republic Resident Mission Country Director Rie Hiraoka, interpreter Gulia Kolbaeva, and ADB's Oleg Samukhin, regional cooperation specialist
Representatives of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Kyrgyz Republic's Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC) met to discuss new regional technical assistance (RETA) projects on cross-border transport facilitation in the CAREC region.
Representatives of ADB presented new RETA projects to the Kyrgyz Republic government, private sector, and international development partners.
Participants discussed constraints on trade and transport along the CAREC corridors, and proposals for cross-border transport facilitation activities under the RETA.
MOTC Permanent Secretary Maksatbek Dyikanov and ADB's Kyrgyz Republic Resident Mission Country Director Rie Hiraoka made the opening remarks.
The meeting was moderated by ADB's Oleg Samukhin, regional cooperation specialist.
- CAREC Regional Improvement of Border Services Project
- Facilitation of Regional Transit Trade in CAREC
- Coordinated Border Management for Results in CAREC
- Aligning Customs Trade Facilitation Measures with Best Practices in CAREC
- CAREC Corridor Performance Measurement and Monitoring Annual Report 2013