CAREC Customs Cooperation Committee Technical Assistance Inception Workshop
Baku, Azerbaijan: 7-9 April 2014
Customs officials from CAREC countries discussed how to implement the following Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction regional technical assistance projects on regional customs cooperation and modernization for trade facilitation:
- Coordinated Border Management for Results in CAREC
- Aligning Customs Trade Facilitation Measures with Best Practices in CAREC
- Facilitation of Regional Transit Trade in CAREC
Participants also discussed the Time Release Study, a tool for measuring the time required for goods to move across trade borders; joint customs control; and risk management systems.
The World Customs Organization co-organized the meeting, which was hosted by the State Customs Committee of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
- Consultation Meeting on Cross-Border Transport Facilitation (Tajikistan)
- Consultation Meeting on Cross-Border Transport Facilitation (Kyrgyz Republic)