CAREC Senior Officials' Meeting
Wuhan, People's Republic of China: 29 October 2012
Senior government officials of the 10 CAREC member countries met 1 day before the 11th CAREC Ministerial Conference to
- receive results-based updates on progress in transport, trade facilitation, trade policy, and energy under CAREC;
- discuss the CAREC 2020 implementation plan for these priority sectors;
- discuss future directions and activities of the CAREC Institute;
- receive updates on the CAREC corridor development study and next steps; and
- review and agree on the working draft of the joint ministerial statement.
The meeting chair was Mr. Chen Shixin, CAREC national focal point of the People's Republic of China. He was assisted by Asian Development Bank’s Mr. Klaus Gerhaeusser, Director General of the Central and West Asia Department, and Mr. Robert Wihtol, Director General of the East Asia Department.