More than 300 participants attended the forum, which provided opportunities for CAREC countries to
- identify ways to improve the investment climate;
- attract interest from national and foreign private sector companies -- developers, financiers, technology and solution providers - to invest in the CAREC region; and
- develop concrete and innovative solutions with Asian Development Bank (ADB), the private sector, government agencies, and development partners to attract investments from potential investors within and CAREC and other industrialized countries.
In his keynote address, Mongolia Prime Minister Saikhanbileg Chimed highlighted the importance of the CAREC Program to improve economic linkages and create a conducive environment for the private sector. He also reaffirmed that Mongolia is open for business.
ADB East Asia Department Director General Ayumi Konishi, meanwhile, emphasized that forging a strong partnership among public and private sector stakeholders, CAREC member countries, and development partners is critical for success.
- CAREC Investment Forum 2015: Summary of Proceedings
- VIDEO: Sustainable Growth: Infrastructure, Structure, Finance (Presentation by ADBI)
- CAREC Economic Corridor Development