CAREC Federation of Carrier and Forwarder Associations (CFCFA) Logistics Training
Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic: 25-27 June 2013
The 3-day training aimed to raise the level of professionalism, efficiency, and management skills of carriers, freight forwarders, and logistics companies in Central Asia.
Training sessions focused on
- supply chain management,
- demand management and customer service,
- procurement and supply management,
- managing inventory flows in the supply chain,
- global logistics,
- relationships and third-party logistics,
- supply chain finance,
- management of distribution centers and warehouses, and
- supply chain management technology.
Participants discussed key challenges for logistics and supply chain management.
Local industry associations conducted supplemental training and discussions on key issues.
The training was organized by CFCFA in coordination with the Kyrgyz Republic Freight Forwarders Association, Kyrgyz Freight Operators Association, and Association of the International Road Transport Operators of the Kyrgyz Republic, with the Asian Development Bank's assistance.