The Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry of Japan facilitated policy discussions on grid resilience, smart meters, renewable energy, and tariff-related issues.
Participants met with experts and representatives from technology companies covering the following topics:
- renewable energy and energy efficiency policies,
- advanced coal power plants,
- smart meters and smart grids,
- renewable energy and battery storage, and
- efficient building energy management.
The 19th Energy Sector Coordinating Committee Meeting identified the need for faster adoption of technology and innovation in the energy sector by CAREC countries.
(Click here to learn more about CAREC initiatives in the energy sector.)