13th CAREC Customs Cooperation Committee Meeting
Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyz Republic: 22-23 September 2014
(From left: Mr. Tadatsugu Matsudaira, director for international affairs, Customs and Tariff Bureau, Japan; Mr. Ying Qian, director of EAPF; Mr. Adamkul Zhunusov, chairman, State Customs Service of Kyrgyz Republic; and Mr. Pashupati Pandey, technical officer, Compliance and Facilitation Directorate, World Customs Organization).
Heads and senior officials of customs authorities of CAREC member countries agreed to
- continue working to simplify and harmonize customs procedures,
- establish a data exchange mechanism,
- upgrade risk management systems,
- expand joint customs controls, and
- remove regional transit impediments.
The meeting also reviewed the implementation of Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction-funded regional technical assistance projects.