Keeping Updated on CAREC
CAREC e-Alert, the Program’s electronic newsletter, provides updates on recently approved projects in the region, on the latest and upcoming institutional and sector-related events, and on regional cooperation–themed and sector-specific studies and research on regional cooperation.
CAREC Institute Launches Website: Projects, Knowledge, Networks in Central Asia
ADB, Kazakhstan Sign CAREC Corridor 1 Loan
ASTANA, KAZAKHSTAN - The Asian Development Bank and the Government of Kazakhstan signed a $187 million loan agreement to reconstruct a 79 km stretch of CAREC Corridor 1 linking Europe and the People's Republic of China. The loan, the second installment of a $700 million multitranche financing facility, was signed by ADB Vice President Xiaoyu Zhao and Kazakhstan Minister of Finance Bolat Zhamishev at a ceremony in Astana. The improved road will reduce travel time 40 percent by 2015, while cutting freight transport costs by half. It will also improve road safety. [more...]
CAREC Institute Launches Website
The CAREC Institute website is a new hub of information and knowledge on regional economic cooperation in Central Asia.
Supporting the work of the CAREC Program and focused on the transport, energy, and trade sectors, the site offers, in Russian and English,
- full information and documentation on the CAREC Program
- a searchable projects database with links to original documents
- a searchable studies/research database with links to original documents
- a searchable events database providing links to papers and presentations from each event
- country pages for each CAREC country with links to national strategies and other key documents in the CAREC priority sectors
CAREC is a partnership of eight countries - Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, the People's Republic of China, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan - working with six multilateral institutions - Asian Development Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, International Monetary Fund, Islamic Development Bank, United Nations Development Programme and World Bank - to achieve development through regional economic cooperation.
Your feedback on the site and contributions are most welcome.
- National Road Rehabilitation (Osh-Isfana) Project
- CAREC Transport Corridor I (Zhambyl Oblast Section) [Western Europe-Western People's Republic of China International Transit Corridor] Investment Program - Project 2
- Hairatan to Mazar-e-Sharif Railway Project
- Kazakhstan Moinak Electricity Transmission Project
- Dushanbe-Kyrgyz Border Road Rehabilitation Project, Phase II (Supplementary)
- The Crisis Hits Home: Stress-Testing Households in Europe and Central Asia
- Confronting "Death on Wheels": Making Roads Safe in Europe and Central Asia
- Energy Outlook for Asia and the Pacific
- Transport and Trade Logistics Development Strategies for CAREC: A Synopsis of Nine ADB Studies
- Restoring the Asian Silk Route: Toward an Integrated Asia
- Public Sector Management Course
- Public-Private Partnership Workshop: Lessons from Asian Experience
- CAREC Institute Research Workshop
- Eighth Ministerial Conference on Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC)
- 8th Customs Cooperation Committee Meeting (CCC)